2018 Call for Photos - Landmines
Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor is looking for landmine photos to be published in Landmine Monitor 2018 and displayed on our website. (Many thanks to those who participated in our search earlier this year for photos for Cluster Munition Monitor 2018.)
We need your help to ensure that our image gallery represents the important landmine/ERW-related activities carried out worldwide in 2017 and 2018.
Please look through your digital photo albums, solicit photos from colleagues and partner organizations, and send your best photos by Monday 1 October 2018 to email@example.com.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for photos taken in 2017 or 2018 from all regions of the world, which explore:
- The landmine/ERW problem in your community/region;
- What is being done to solve the landmine problem and your contributions to mine action; and,
- The link between landmines and broader issues including population movements, gender, youth, food security, and development.
We are especially, but not exclusively, interested in new/suspected landmine use in Libya, Myanmar, Syria, and Yemen. We also seek images of stockpile destruction, as well as those that indicate a dedication to universalization of the Mine Ban Treaty.
These do not have to be photos that you have taken. Please send us photos taken by your colleagues, partner organizations, the media, etc. (just be sure to include information about the photographer, date taken, location, and what the photograph depicts in the caption information you provide).
How to select photos
- Please submit a few carefully chosen images. Look for the best quality photos that tell a story.
- The photos may be printed quite small, so it’s best to select photos without too many people in them or too much detail. Close-ups are usually preferred.
- Do not select photos that if printed, would pose a security risk to you or any of the photo subjects.
- Do not put yourself or others into harm’s way to take photographs.
- Black and white as well as color photographs will be accepted, but we especially seek color photos.
- Only electronic, high-resolution photos can be used. (Please do not send photos that are low resolution. Unfortunately, we cannot use them.)
How to submit photos
- Where possible, please ensure that you have or are able to get permission from the photo subjects to have their image printed in Landmine and Cluster Munition research products.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name.
- The photographer’s name, agency, and any copyright information. Where possible, ensure permission from the photographer.
- A full caption with as much detail about the photo as possible including biographies of people in photos, locations, and situational context.
- Attach high-resolution photos to the email.
We may come back to you to request additional information about your photos.
Thank you for sharing your photos!